Thank you for reading my blog!
My name is Jennifer Marlee (but only my doctor and strangers use that name – please, call me Jenn) and I am Public Relations student at Humber College. I have focused both my academic and professional career on communications with an emphasis in public relations.
My specific interests lie in media relations, and I have cultivated a deep passion for the lifestyle, fashion, and beauty industry. While I am eager to eventually find success in all areas of pr, I find pr agency work to be especially interesting. The idea of working with a variety of diverse clients is absolutely fascinating to me. The next chapter of my life begins with the whirlwind that is HumberPR. Beyond that, I plan to take advantage of the opportunities that lie around me.
Here are some quirky details about me:
- I love, love, love food. Disclaimer: I AM a self-proclaimed foodie
- I believe in openness and have an unrelenting ability to try new things
- I’m tall, like really tall (5’11 to be exact). However, I embrace it #TallGirlProbs
- I believe in the power of positive thinking, seriously… you should try it sometime
- I LOVE to dance, I dare you to challenge me
- I also love to sing, but for your sake i’ll stick to singing in the shower
- I have been passionate about writing since I was a little girl, in recent years this passion has grown into a love for the art of story telling
- While I consider myself a big city girl, my roots are small town
The idea of starting a blog has been a shelf dream of mine for years… until now. I invite you to join me on my journey, which knowing me is bound to be interesting, vibrant, a little messy and hopefully very funny.
Welcome to The Marlee Matters.